A few weeks ago I blogged about my favorite equestrian things
, and it included some great deals on some of my favorite brands. It was such a big hit, that many of the brands have opted to continue the sale through the end of the year, until New Year's Day. So I've decided to revisit that original list, update you with the new & extended offers, and add a few more items that I love. And while it may be too late to get these in time for Christmas, they still make great gifts for your friends or yourself.
- Dreaming of a high-end French saddle but having nightmares about the price? Enter the PJ Premiere. Hands down this is the best saddle for under $2,000. For $1,950 you get soft, grippy leather on the seat and the knee rolls, nice blocks, excellent balance and a saddle that fits a lot of horses. This saddle has the look and the feel of a MUCH more expensive saddle without the price tag!
- This one stays the same. Anything Draper Therapies (but especially my infinity scarf, and my horse’s anti-sweat sheet). The infinity scarf has been a big hit lately, and in addition to the anti-sweat sheet and the stable sheet (read the product review blog to learn the difference between the two items), I also fell even more in love with my saddle pad this weekend. Mother nature has been on a bit of a bender, and the temps hit the mid 60's here in New Jersey with horses in full winter coats and riding meant a lot of sweaty horses. I rode one horse in my Draper Therapies saddle pad and both him and the saddle pad were nearly dry within minutes of untacking while my other horse was sweaty for hours, and his pad stayed damp overnight. Yup, add that saddle pad to the list of things I can't live without as well! 20% off sale extended through New Year's with code 12DAYSMORE right here on ISellTack.com.
- This is another item that is staying right where it is on my list. I ordered a few as gifts for friends, and think they are just the cutest tees ever. The Eat. Sleep. Ride. tee by CollegiateGlamour.com only slightly edges out their “My Horse is Cuter Than Your Boyfriend” tee. Their sale of buy 2 items get 1 free also continues through New Year's Day with the same code as before, 12DAYS. (Free item is the one of the lesser value between the three.)
- Speaking of great tees, it's no secret that I love Dapplebay.com. Their designs are cute and catchy,they were featured on Eventing Nation more than once, and they just added a newline of tees and thermals and hoodies that are cute and comfortable. All of the new featured products can be found right on their home page, although I have to admit, I am partial to this design (Jumper Track Jacket). 20% off all orders is extended through January 1st, and if you're lucky and order over $50, she just may throw in some extra goodies for you!
- Another Eventing Nation featured item, the GoVelope by Giddyup Gear keeps your cell phone securely attached to you all ride long in weather resistant pouch. I just got mine, and can't wait to use it...because riding in the rain yesterday, well let's just say my cell phone wasn't too happy. (Look for my product review coming soon.) Their special offer was extended through New Year's and get an additional $5 off every Dapplebay order (on top of their 20% off!) when you purchase a GoVelope.
- In the last blog, I mentioned the Allie soft shell jacket and the knee patch breeches by FITS Riding, but I now have a new obsession. Their Claire show shirts have that same technologically advanced fabric for better fit and look with exceptional style that is featured in all of their products, and is about a thousand times more comfortable to wear than a traditional show shirt. They are having a new, great offer that with every FITS purchase, get a free FITS cap (shipped separately, while supplies last). Who wouldn't love a great cap to hide that helmet hair between rides? ;)
- Horse Sense & Cents is a great blog, that also has some wonderful resources to help in reaching difficult horses. From OTTBs, to dealing with an alpha, their stuff is all well written and help you to understand the influences behind the behavior of your horse so that you can connect and work together to develop a better relationship. They are offering the e-booklets "Reaching Alpha Horses" and "Bringing home an off-the-track Thoroughbred" on sale for just $1.99 through December 31, 2013. Just enter the discount code Joy2013 at checkout for this amazing deal. You can find the products and buy them here: http://horsesenseandcents.com/products/ebooklets/
- Horse Quencher is one of those products that you should always have on hand. I went through a ton of it in the past few weeks with these crazy temperature swings, because weather going from a high of 18 degrees to a high of almost 70, and back down to the teens in the next few days, I wanted to make sure everyone was and is drinking enough and staying hydrated. In addition to extending their prior offer of $20 off a 20 pound bucket and free shipping (nearly $40 in savings) with code 12DAYS, they also are doing a special where you buy 8 travel packs, get 2 free plus free shipping with code 2FREEHQ through January 1st, 2014.
- When it comes to stirrups, my last blog talked about how I can't live without my Royal Riders, but I've also been really drawn to the Jin Stirrups line. While the RR's are functional and work great for my knees, the personalization options for Jin makes me wish for a set. Since I already have stirrups I love, I've added spurs to my list, custom engraved, of course!
- I've already talked about how much I love Two Horse Tack's beta biothane bridles, and mentioned that they are great out on trails for those days when you need a break from the arena. But I have an even newer appreciation of them after riding in the slop this weekend. Finish riding, wipe down even the muddies, muckiest, slushiest of tack, and it's clean in less time than it took me to untack my horse. And their medieval bridle makes me want to get a Percheron to wear it just because it looks so cool! Their sale is also extended, just shop with code 12DAYS and 12DAYSMORE (either works) for $10 off orders $100+!
So there's my extended list of favorite things to give and get for the holidays. Do you have anything you’d like to add or products you've used that you want to review? Let us know in the comments, and happy shopping!
All the best,
CJ & The ISellTack.com Team